9 Things to Do When You Have High Energy Bills
It’s a moment you fear every month – opening your monthly energy bill.
Why are your energy bills so frightening? Because they have doubled and tripled over the years and it is wreaking havoc on your bank account.
You’re likely wondering “Why is my energy bill so high?” There are several high energy bill causes, from poor insulation to vampiric appliances, but what can you do to conquer this challenge?
1. Use a programmable thermostat.
2. Lower the temperature on your water heater.
3. Don’t leave electronics on standby.
4. Wash clothing in cold water.
5. Switch light bulbs and appliances to energy efficient models.
6. Run and clean your appliances to make them more efficient.
7. Keep your thermostat set at 78 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter.
8. Seal leaks around doors and windows.
9. Add an air seal to your home with insulation.